Thursday, January 10, 2008

Timber!!!

Taking Names And Breaking Things


Amazingly enough, I did something today that I've never done before.

I managed to drop my new cheep pre-hung metal front door while trying to install it into the rough opening. I fortunately was standing INSIDE, as it fell OUTSIDE, and neither Pat nor Missy The Turbo Pup were in the way of it's crashing demise so the only casualty was the door and finger jointed wooden frame, which was destroyed.

After a short burst of bitching and complaining about bad luck, the debris were moved to the junk pile, the opening had scrap OSB temporarily screwed across it into place, and I retreated back across the causeway to lick my wounded ego and contemplate plan B tomorrow.

The good news is that I had regretted buying a plain six panel door to begin with, so absorbing the loss financially also allows me to buy something a little nicer with some kind of glass window in the upper 1/3 to add a little more style to the entryway.

Other than that, I'm a bit short on words these days as you may have noticed, but I'm sure that's nothing a little reading and the passage of time can't repair.

Until then....feel free to entertain yourselves.

No comments: