Monday, January 07, 2008

Windows In...Moving On.org

Back To Where We Started


I'm quite pleased to report that we walked off the job site at a little after three PM Sunday with the front exterior of the building's skin secured for the first time in weeks.

What an epic saga...

If there is ever such a thing as momentum in my work ethic, I'm harnessing it now by showing up tomorrow with Pat and Missy The Turbo Pup A.K.A "Official Job site Security Dog" in tow and we're going to do some more window demolition in the living/dining/kitchen area--hoping to get at least one if not two or three holes in the concrete block walls stuffed with their new wooden framed glass components.

I'm glad that there isn't a TV crew hanging around filming an episode of "Flip this House" or some other home improvement show based on my efforts, because I think that the final result thus far would have to be shown on the Comedy Channel or possibly MTV's "Jackass" series.

Don't worry, I am taking photos of my progress but due to the extreme nature of the scope of the renovation metamorphosis I'm saving any publication until the front facade is closer to completion i.e. the siding and trim is in place.

Believe me when I say the the changes are quite dramatic.

Hardly a day goes by when someone doesn't stop to ask about the availability of the property, although most passers-by are interested in renting, and my heart is set on selling the like new finished product to some deserving family in order to enjoy the pleasure of home ownership.

Maybe I'm just a bad businessman, but I'm willing to take a slightly lower yet fair price for my efforts if the right people come along, and the City of Brunswick has a number of down payment assistance programs I hope to take advantage of to that end.

Investors, on the other hand, will have to get their wallets and check books out because I want FULL PRICE for my pain and blood if you want to possess my baby.

No comments: