Monday, April 07, 2008

My Orchestra Grows

Playing Out Of Tune In Multiple Languages Keys


Well folks, I'm happy to report that when I'm not wrestling with my computers or various physical infirmities, buying real estate, or contemplating major lifestyle changes and geographical relocation, I find myself cruising around E-Bay and other nooks and crannies of the Internet looking for weird stuff to add to my collection of musical instruments I can't play try to make noise with occasionally.

Case in point, this lovely Holton Trumpet I managed to be the high bidder on last evening just before my Computer was possessed by supernatural demons.

Here's a photo of my prize, that will soon be resting next to a few dozen Harmonicas, my Ukulele, and the prized Australian made Didgeridoo:




I'm also looking at a Flugelhorn (think Chuck Mangione), some steel drums, and some kind of keyboard to fill out my new basement music studio.

(don't worry, I actually spent about eight or nine years of my life playing the Trumpet back in the 1970's and 1980's, then sold the instrument in a fit of insanity, but with any luck I might be able to reproduce a tolerable tone again by this fall.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about the hybrid instruments the "Firebird" and "Superbone" made famous by the late great Maynard Ferguson.

Rick