Wednesday, July 30, 2008

'Nother Day

"Nother Dollar...


OK Folks, I hate to admit it, but I guess that I've officially arrived back smack dab in the middle of American culture and society, both geographically and mentally.

My participation does have it's limits though, in spite of having attended a wedding reception at a really upscale country club this past weekend requiring an expensive trip to Joseph A. Bank to further expand the portion of my wardrobe which doesn't go with Docksiders or flip flops.

(What's up with people building multi-million dollar houses on lots the size of a postage stamp?)

The good news is that I've been able to maintain some semblance of non-conformity it the process...in as much as I still keep weird hours, I haven't cut my hair, and in my mind I'm still living on a boat in the Keys or a cottage in earshot of the ocean surf for at least a few hours each day.

Take tonight's dinner menu, for example.

We're having the neighbors over for a nice low country boil featuring shrimp, crawfish, corn on the cob, and red potatoes--all simmered up in a big pot of seasoned water. Fortunately we have a place down the "Pike" here which imports fresh unfrozen seafood so I'll be disappointed if I don't get my usual quality results.

Meanwhile, in the professional gainful employment department, I'm sorta stuck in a holding pattern as the client delays making critical decisions and tendering design data. If you think that a week and one half of front end data delays would amount to a week and one half extension on the project deadline you'd clearly be living in some alternate universe or fantasy land.

Time to do my hair, toss on the stuffy business attire, and head on over to the office for another eight or ten hours worth of whatever you prefer to call what I'm doing.

Y'all have a nice day...If you will...

No comments: