Monday, September 08, 2008

"Neighborliness" (Government Sponsored Or Otherwise)

Obama Speaks to O'Reilly...


After coming home from dinner with the gang last evening I stumbled across the middle of the second part of Bill O'Reilly's FOX News interview with Candidate Obama.

I almost fell out of my chair when he (Candiate Obama) had the audacity to utter these words when talking about increasing taxes on higher earning Americans (that would be ME):

"If I am sitting pretty [Obama gesturing to himself]...and you got a waitress making minimum wage plus tips...and I can afford it [taxes] and she can't...what's the big deal for me to say 'I'm gonna pay a little bit more'...[O'Reilly interrupts stuttering...]

...that is neighborliness"

No Senator Obama..."neighborliness" involves me voluntarily giving my neighbors some tomatoes out of my garden.

Neighborliness is when you offer to take your elderly neighbor to a doctors appointment or pick up their mail while they are out of town visiting their kids.

Neighborliness consists of cutting your neighbor's or fellow church member's grass when they are sick or their lawn mower is broken.

Neighborliness is when you catch your neighbor's dog walking down the road a mile from their house and pick him/her up and return it to their back yard...closing the open gate in the process.

These things are done by millions of individuals--both blue collar and white collar--every day in this country IN SPITE OF THE GOVERNMENT...not BECAUSE of the government or on BEHALF of the government.

NEIGHBORLINESS is NOT having the government in the form of the IRS coming to my office with a gun and powers of arrest and demanding that my employer "WITHHOLD" 39 percent of the money I EARNED expending my time and energy so you can give it to someone who's life choices place them in a position where they are compensated at the level of "minimum wage plus tips."

NEIGHBORLINESS is NOT taking the 39% of the financial bounty of my efforts gained after struggling my way through engineering college and working hard (on and off for the past 30 years), or taking 30% of the profit I earn by carefully investing the money I have left over after your 39% income taxes into real estate in the form of capital gains taxes.

NEIGHBORLINESS is NOT making me pay FICA/FUTA/Social Security witholdings (another 15%+) on all of my income, while at the same time looking me in the eye and telling me that all I can get back in return is a measly $25,000 per year if that when I retire because by then I'll have already managed to invest enough of the money I still have left over into some other form of retirement that pays me TEN TIMES as much as the government pays me on their so called "INVESTMENT."

No Candidate Obama, if you want to solve this country's problems, get out of my wallet, stop throwing my money at people that didn't earn it--encouraging them to be lazy and stupid and to have kids they can't afford and aren't intelligent enough to raise in the first place, return our school systems back to the parents and local administrators, close the borders to stop the flood of illegals, and then let ME AND PEOPLE LIKE ME earn our livings and decide for ourselves the meaning of ...

NEIGHBORLINESS.

In the end, I think that you'll find that our country will be a much better place as a result.

Any questions?

That will be all...for now...

1 comment:

Helena said...

What? You mean when the government automatically shifts my hard-earned money to someone else that's not called neighborliness? *snark*

Bravo. Neighborliness involves a choice.