Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ask And Ye Shall Receive

Seek And Ye Shall Find...


So after complaining just yesterday about my "negative experiences and opinion" of Microsoft's Vista operating system, and haven also recently purchased a legal "unused" OEM copy of Windows XP Professional to install on some project laptop computer renovation experiments I'm conducting in my home laboratory, I learn that Microsoft has announced new Windows???

What kills me is that I didn't in any way/shape/form/fashion see Microsoft's Vista revamp coming with yesterday's announcement of their new "Mojave" product--otherwise being sold as "Windows Seven".

This from a guy that for years had a subscription to "Byte Magazine", "PC World", and "PC" magazines and knew everything happening in the PC world months if not years before I could actually afford to employ the technology.

(I remember when the laser bar code scanners we all take for granted in the local Grocer check out were discussed in Byte as a "coming technology.")

So any way...will I be logging my credit card info into the Microsoft Web Page and paying my $199 (or whatever it costs) to "upgrade" from one flawed product to another?

That would be a resounding NO...

Instead I'll probably see if I can find another copy of Windows XP Professional, reformat the server hard drive, and kick Vista out of my house and life for good.

Anyone with me??

No comments: