Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins Past

Old Halloween Friends


My regular readers will probably remember that back in 2004 I found this guy hiding in a funny shaped tall thin pumpkin I bought down on our little Island:



A year later I was stricken with a bout of College fever and produced this masterpiece in honor of Georgia Tech:



Then I caught a bad case of West Nile Virus or Encephalitis or some other mental malady that caused me to take on this 140 pound monster:



After almost sixteen hours of wrestling with the beast in front of dozens of small children at the local Montessori School I had this original masterpiece:


Here's a look with the lights out:



That same year I also used my wounded, blistered hands to carve this for our friend Ski's grand children's enjoyment...



Having not learned my lesson and after waiting around until the last minute, I just spent about three hours this morning Photoshopping my own image of a Giant Cartoon Mouse, and then I cut this image out of another gourd/squash for our neighbor's grandchildren:





Time for a little nap now before heading into the office on my so called bi-weekly Friday off...

No comments: