Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Did You Watch President Obama's News Conference?

Thirteen Pre-Prepared Questions From Twelve and One Half Admirers Reporters


The highlight, for me, was Helen Thomas' question, presented here verbatim:

"Mr. President, do you think that Pakistan and -- are maintaining the safe havens in Afghanistan for these so-called terrorists? And, also, do you know of any country in the Middle East that has nuclear weapons?"

To me what was even more amazing than Helen still being allowed to sit there with her painted lips and her fox stole around her neck was that the President pretended to know what she had asked and he answered her.

I'd have given her a "do what?"

I'm sure in the last part about "Nukes" she was talking about Israel rather than Iran, and I'm insulted with her continued "so called terrorists" dogma.

I just wish someone would stir some extra Metamucil into her Ensure, pop a few Geritol in her mouth and wheel her back to assisted living in suburban Maryland and give us all a break here.

No comments: