Friday, May 15, 2009

Home Depot Strikes Again

Paint On Walls...Porch Lights Going Back In Packaging...


I have a "saying."

It's been often repeated for near twenty five years now since I've been a homeowner.

I came up with the idea myself.

Here it is...

It takes THREE TRIPS to Home Depot or Lowe's (hereafter identified as a "home improvement store") to complete any given "home improvement" project or projects.

Step #1. Go to "home improvement store" and buy the "stuff" you THINK you need.

Step #2. Go BACK to "home improvement store" and buy the "stuff" you forgot or should have bought while in step #1.

Step #3. Make third trip to "home improvement store" and return the "stuff" you didn't need and which was left over in accomplishing your "home improvement" project or projects.

It's just that simple.

The good news is that today we got most of a gallon of paint on the walls of the Master bedroom.

We managed to keep all but a few specks of light grey color off ourselves and Missy the Turbo Pup.

Tomorrow finds me re-coating some thin spots trying to avoid having to install an entire second coat of paint and finishing some cutting in edges and the trim and baseboard painting.

Then I have to take two exterior coach lanterns I purchased back to the store because after installing one light on Wednesday, I opened the second box late Thursday afternoon and found the glass globe CRACKED.

The bad news is that I got a killer deal on the lights and because they were taped closed in the original factory packaging I didn't open them to check for damage before I bought them off the clearance rack.

They were the last two units our local store had, and I need a light on each side of the front door so I have to take the one I've already installed BACK DOWN AND PUT IT BACK IN THE BOX AND TRUNDLE IT BACK TO THE "HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE" WITH IT'S DAMAGED COUSIN.

Dammit...

No comments: