Thursday, May 14, 2009

Me And My Paint Roller

More Home Owner Insanity...


Well Folks, after a down day yesterday spent laying in the bed, on the sofa, and sitting in front of the computer getting basically nothing accomplished, today finds me moving furniture out of the Master Bedroom and covering everything left over with paper, tape, and plastic in anticipation of going through a couple gallons of paint--smearing it on the walls and trying to keep it off the ceiling and floors and the bed.

I don't know what the heck I was thinking because I just got through doing an epic three month long (not continuous or full time) renovation of the Hall Bathroom walls and cabinetry and I wasn't finished a week before I was standing at Home Depot buying more paint and new roller covers.

For some strange reason owning property, especially if there is a woman around when you do it, causes you to sit around looking a paint color samples in your spare time and speculating about things like gloss or semi-gloss on the wood trim work and darn it if you don't find yourself changing room colors at least once every two or three years somewhere in your abode.

I once painted the entire outside of the house I grew up in--everything but the brick--in return for a set of 6X9 tri-axial speakers and an Audiovox AM/FM radio for my '77 Camaro.

I once painted the entire inside...including the ceilings...of an 1800 square foot split foyer house in return for free rent for three months before I bought the property from the bank in foreclosure.

At least in those two endeavors I got PAID for my efforts, but today I'm reduced to being SLAVE LABOR because I love my Girl and I don't want some fool tracking and spattering paint all over the Turbo Pup and my stacks of back issues of Mechanical Engineering Magazine.

Time now to go put down some blue masking tape...

No comments: