Thursday, May 07, 2009

The New Phonebook's Phone's Here!

21st Century Portable Dialing...


The past couple of days have been sort of interesting.

We went out and had Sushi to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Nothing wrong with our local Mexicans (all twenty of them here in Knoxtown) and the local Mexican Restaurant, but it's always nice to "dis" the invading immigrant nation of "undocumented workers" by doing something weird like eating Japanese food on their independence day.

Before that the new LG Dare touch screen cell phones arrived. We tore into the boxes and fiddled around with the bells and whistles for a couple of hours and then got back to work on the bathroom rennovation. (Paint is done on the walls, ceiling, and refinished vanity/wall cabinet--regrouting of the wall and floor tile in progress)

After living with them (the phones) about 48 hours I have to say they're pretty impressive.

Large bright screens with vibrant colors, and an interesting tactile feedback when you touch the screen to push a key...the phone actually vibrates slightly to tell you that you made an entry or input.

Of course it has a whole bunch of music capability and game crap on it which will probably end up being a distraction in the end, but the ability to check my E-mail and browse an occasional web page on the fly, not to mention getting local weather and radar pictures is totally AWESOME.

Pat has a 250 message per month account so she can send pictures of the Turbo Pup to everyone and receive pictures of the Grandkids and other family members new babies, and I threaten anyone and everyone that wants to send me a text message with me coming over to your house and peeing on your front door for wasting my time.

You want to talk to me...you call me.

If I want to talk to you, I'll answer the phone (or call you.)

After spending $200 per month on Cable/Internet/Cell Phones...it should all be...

Pretty Simple

No?

No comments: