Friday, May 08, 2009

Trying To Be Nice

Holding My Own Tongue...


If you stopped by here before about 8:30 this morning you were subjected to a less than polite rant I had composed in a moment of self serving weakness--talking in a less than flattering manner about some of my fellow "artists" I was forced to hang around with on St. Simons Island.

Upon reconsideration I came back and took it down...thus the apparent lack of posting today.

It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's just that I try my best these days to say something at least a little positive. Thus bitching about the ingrates and morons in the artists guilds of our little island (there I go again) is counter productive because I don't live there anymore and I can do nothing to change them and their behavior toward one another.

Any way, a jurried Exhibit/competition I was planning on entering this year has been postponed if not cancelled due to lack of funding and some other "issues" and since I have a good deal of time and money already invested in a piece of art I was planning on entering ( and which I don't need hanging on the wall in my dining room) I'm more than a little pissed at the lack of artistic outlets I've participated in in the past two years.

There was a few years there when I did two or three shows a year and won stuff or at least got an honorable mention, and these days I just sit around looking like a big old over weight middle aged artistic has-been talking about the good old days when no one knew me except in the bars and taverns and whispered "that guy drinks and paints but he's not a professional house painter..."

Now I still drink and I've recently done some house painting but I don't do new watercolors, I've stopped sculpting in clay, and my pen and ink work has been relegated to the checkbook and the balance sheet doing taxes.

What is this world coming to anyway?

No comments: