Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Principals Put To Paper More Than Twenty Centuries Ago..."

Obamarama Continues To Prove He's A "Highly Edumacated Idiot"


So I'm sitting here this morning working on the final deck step drawings when President Obama's press conference started on FOX News.

I've forgotten the entire sentence (and I'll look it up later) but in his intro to the "blaa blaa blaa intro portion" talking about the daunting tasks presidents have in appointing Judges to the Supreme Court he uttered the words "[interpreting] Principals put to paper more than TWENTY CENTURIES ago..."

I think he meant to say Twenty DECADES, but based on his "57 state" campaign and other demonstrable lack of knowledge of facts...things like Memorial day is different from Veterans Day, I guess the lamestream media will give him a pass on this gaff too.

(PS. note the time on this posting and recognise that I can get ahead of the media with my reporting also once in a while...YOU HEARD THIS HERE FIRST.)

(PSS. Don't even get me started about the concept of the effect on our laws a Latino Liberal Woman with ten years of experience on the bench will have on the Supreme Court of the United By-God States of 'Merica...)


MORE... (11:27 AM)

Here's the text as published here: http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=news-000003125441

OBAMA: Thank you. Thank you.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. Thank you.

Please, everybody, have a seat.

Thank you. Thank you.

Well, I’m excited too.

(LAUGHTER)

Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time.

So I don’t take this decision lightly. I’ve made it only after deep reflection and careful deliberation.

No comments: