Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's Not Rainin'!!!!

Deck Construction Resumes...


I swear that it's rained every four to six hours for the past FIVE days here on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River.

While the situation has lended itself well to sitting around doing nothing (something I've personally perfected in an earlier life), the moisture has reeked havoc with the deck construction schedule which was moving along smoothly until last Sunday.

I was starting to think I needed to start constructing a BOAT rather than a deck... or at least start considering using my new deck for a DOCK and go buy a boat.

Any way...I have a half dozen small concrete footers to pour to support the over sized step frameworks and even though the holes are only six inches deep I've been unable to get a reliable slice of weather to allow me to mix and place the high strength concrete and brick pavers needed for that part of the project.

It hasn't rained since midnight and now things have dried off enough for me to get out there and break a sweat diggin holes, and of course there are fence pickets to be installed also.

See y'all later...

No comments: