Monday, September 14, 2009

New Front Door

The Devil's In The Details...


Me and my big mouth and my Ego.

Both (my mouth and my ego) continue to get me in trouble today.

Take my current round of home improvements, for instance.

In order to take maximum advantage of Home Depot's delivery charge, I refuse to just get enough material for one or two projects delivered at one time.

Nooooooooooo

I go out and buy enough stuff and have it delivered--enough to keep a young man busy for at least a week.

That means this old man has enough raw materials lying around the property to last at LEAST a month if I keep at it all day every day.

The good news is that the kitchen floor is lying peacefully in it final resting place now, but there's new baseboards and quarter round to install and of course a new coat of paint on the walls that don't have tile back splash, and there's a solid fir french door slab for the opening out to the carport that has to have hinge recesses routed and holes cut for the knob and dead bolt before receiving stain and marine grade spar varnish and....

Did I mention the new six panel Fir front door slab (needing hinge and knob/dead bolt accommodations) or the three sets of bi-folding closet doors and the new master bathroom door and basement door?

Or the 57 bags of cypress mulch that has to be distributed before it starts raining this afternoon?

I guess I better stop writing and get another nap in before sunrise so I have the energy to start slinging trim and paint around today.

Who's ideas was all this stuff any way?

No comments: