Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Wish I Could Do Stuff Like This

Dang......


There was a time...from about 1965 until about 1975--before I got my first car and discovered "women" and Frisbee--when I spent most of my spare time building models.

Mainly flying model airplanes.

You know, those things made out of balsa wood and tissue with noisy smelly little nitro-methane powered engines?

Today's hobbyists have the luxury of using really high powered electric motors and expensive lithium batteries and designs have been built that are tiny and can be flown by remote control in your back yard or a small public park, and even inside a school gymnasium.

Check out this guy's skill in the "Indoor Acrobatics Championships":




(Of course the pilot looks to be about 18 years old and still can see and has his other God Given senses and reflexes intact...I'd probably kill myself or a bystander as any plane being flown by me going through those gyrations would be doing so totally by accident...)

No comments: