Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Decorations Stored Away

Time For Reality To Set Back In...



I don't know about you, but I had a pretty darn good holiday season this year in spite of living in a household were both of the adults were "officially unemployed" for most of 2009.

Yes, I did manage to get a a little consulting work along the way and sold a piece of property in the late summer that gave us funding to keep from starving and missing house payments, but the funny thing is that in spite of all of the doom and gloom on TV telling me the world was ending and it was George Bush's and Carl Rove's fault; and unless we gave the Democrats total control of everything from our bank accounts to our toilet paper supplies we were all going to hell in a hand basket; I'm approaching 2010 on an upbeat note and planning on hitting the ground running full speed tomorrow morning.

I have work to do and phone calls to make and I don't need the government to come over to my house and help me do it or offer me mental health counseling to get through the month (after all, everyone that knows me knows I'm closer to stark raving mad than I am to textbook sane and sober and I actually pride myself in my special form of carefully crafted insanity.)

That said, the other good news we learned over the holidays before everyone went home to eat Turkey and Ham and watch football bowl games was that Pat's company where she worked for almost 24 years before merging and closing her office in Chicago was offering to hire her back.

She'll be telecommuting from here at home in Knoxville with a Product Implementation Team that is spread all over the US. There's a little travel involved but with my flexibility the Turbo Pup and I can go along if it's longer than a few days and it will be nice to rack up the frequent flyer miles and rewards nights in hotels because we've pretty much used up everything we had over the past couple of years.

Not only does she start work again on January 11th, but they restored her to full seniority including an ENTIRE month of paid vacation and of all things a RAISE in pay from her last salary.

You can imagine the weight that takes off of our shoulders as we attempt to continue to grow Plastics Engineering Technologies in our second quarter of operations. It also allows me to be able to fund our operations and build some lines of credit because if things go as planned we see some really nice revenue projections in the next couple of quarters and it takes money to make money and now we're in a position to grow steadily as we build our customer base.

So here's wishing everyone a good New Year of self reliance and profitable endeavors in spite of our meddling government and pandering politicians. If they will just get our of our wallets and out of our way I say everything and most everyone is going to be just fine in 2010.

What about you?

No comments: