Sunday, January 03, 2010

Who You Gonna Am I Gonna Call?

Ghost Busters???


Apparently I know nothing about computers and computer software.

At least that would be the case if you judged my skills based on the progress we made this weekend.

As my blog title says, I think we're haunted and need an Exorcist or a Witch Doctor or someone else skilled in the occult and/or goblins and spirits and such to get things moving again.

My laptop seems to have lost it's mind and no longer wants to talk to our fancy expensive infrared temperature probes, and Vince's computer--running Windows 7-- won't properly install any of the software for the Programmable logic control OR the IR sensors so our holiday business pow wow is most likely going to end a marginal success at best.

And when they get on the airplane to head back home to Missouri this morning that leaves me alone here in Knoxtown to put the final touches on the software and the panel hardware--something I can be considered barely competent at at best.

I know that it will get done one way or the other, I just wanted a good deal less drama in the process but now it seems that there is no way around it being a nail biting theatrical event as the deadlines approach this week.

I guess it were easy everyone would do it and make money in the process, so on that note it's time to head back to my basement shop and beat on the machines a little more.

Wish me luck, If you will...

No comments: