Friday, January 22, 2010

Thirty Days In The Hole Overnight In The Basement

Wrestling With My Own Inadequacies...


So after ignoring PLC Panel #2 a.k.a. "Eva" for about 24 hours (Ava arrived at the job site in the midwest yesterday morning), I wandered back down into my basement about midnight last night with a new resolve to conquer my mental programming demons.

I managed to avoid fooling around with the "beach chair sled project" and the endless balsa wood model airplane project and the scale model wooden canoe debacle and, with one eye cast on Fox News and the other on the laptop monitor, nearly seven hours later here I am with substantial progress made toward having the Beta version of the hardware/software for my Horner Touch Screen PLC based blow molded PET bottle panel (HTSPLCBBPETBP for short) ready for shipment.

Right now the target ship date is MONDAY, but things could change if the last 1% of the software effort takes as long as it did on the last epic saga.

Basically the new has worn off the fun I found in my initial panel design/programming efforts, and now I just want to get this thing finished, packed in a box full of foam peanuts, and launched toward Maryland so someone will start writing me a check in the next year and one half.

Of course having started a company in 2009, spent a bunch of money on government mandated fees and licenses, the obligatory office supplies and the materials/hardware needed to actually build something to sell, but not collecting one thin dime in the process (did I mention working about 500 hours in the past three months?), my guess is that my only reward will be the added government benefit of having to file a Federal and State tax return for the Business in addition to doing taxes for me and Pat and the Turbo Pup.

Isn't that just a lovely howdy do?

Meanwhile, in other news, just as it pissed me off that Obama was younger than me when he was elected president, it thoroughly pleases me that Senator Brown graduated from high school the same year I did--1977.

Isn't it nice to see the mongrel bitch Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's transition from Pit Bull to yapping ShitsuShiz'Su puppy this week as a result of the Senatorial Election results in Massachusetts?

Dingy Harry Reid and Dick "Turbin" Durbin and Mad Jack "Eyebrows" Murtha and Barbara Boxer can pretty much kiss their cushy government jobs goodbye in November if the current trend of public opinion continues.

All I say is that the stupid "Moderate" Republicans better keep their pandering butts in line or there could be some more shake-ups in 2012 if they give us three more years of "reaching across the isle" acting like tax and spend Dems.

Ok, I got all of that off my chest and onto my keyboard...I feel like reading the Newspaper and taking a nap now.

Y'all have a LOVELY day...

No comments: