Monday, April 26, 2010

Still Raining On My Garden(ing)

Precipitation Delays Progress...


As of this morning I have about half a garden installed in the back yard.

Ten tomato plants of various descriptions, two Tomatillos, and a row each of onions and radishes.

Oh, and there's the expensive Yuppy container pot of pole beans--four plants--that I paid way too much for and transplanted to a spot in the dirt by the rear fence so they can run along the rails and posts.

There's also a whole bunch of carrot seeds I sprinkled around the base of the tomato plants which are starting to germinate, but the Herb Garden part of the planting is still sitting in little pots in my wheelbarrow while the rain continues to fall.

I was planning on finishing things up today and getting the chicken anti-rabbit wire stapled up around the perimeter but it looks like its going to be tomorrow or even Wednesday morning before things dry out enough to risk dragging my compressor and pneumatic staple gun around in the yard.

I wish everything was already in the ground so it could take advantage of the rainfall.

I may sneak outside between storms and try to get some more stuff in the ground at the risk of having more dirt on me than the plant's roots.

Until then...Regards Y'all...

No comments: