Saturday, May 01, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Early Return Avoids Rainfall...


This morning I made an executive decision to blow out of the upstate of South Carolina a day early and head back home here to the Turbo Pup Compound on the Banks of the Mighty Tennessee River after I cooked breakfast for the crowd.

Based on the rainfall here this afternoon and what I'm seeing on the Weather Channel, it was a wise decision.

We only had a little fog over on Saluda grade coming up into North Carolina, and then it only finally started raining once we were back in Knoxtown a couple of exits from home.

After unloading/unpacking and a trip to one of our weekend watering holes for drinks and dinner, I've been wallowing around on the sofa watching the Kentucky Derby and trying to catch up on my sleep--missing my mid-day nap two of the past three days--only sleeping three or four hours each night on the sofa because the Turbo Pup and her Mom took over the Guest room Queen sized bed all three nights we were visiting.

So now I have to go round up the flashlights and check the batterys because we're under a Tornado and Flash Flood watch until tomorrow morning, and I hear the bed and a crossword puzzle calling my name and I think I'll call it an evening and try to get some more sleep.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: