Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm An Illegal Alien?

A Confederate In A Midwest Kitchen...


Well, we made it to the far side of St. Louis by mid afternoon on Saturday.

Then we parked the car, walked the Turbo Pup, and took a break after seven and one half hours on the interstate.

It's tough getting older. When I was 25 I would have thought nothing of going ahead and finishing the trip covering another 3-1/2 hours to the Kansas City suburbs and saved the hotel bill.

Today, through either maturity or experience or just pure laziness, I rarely plan trips going down the road for much longer than about eight hours at a time.

I think that it's just plain common sense to limit the time spent sitting in a car each day unless there's a medical/family emergency or a dire business situation demanding your attendance.

The same pretty much holds true for travel by air.

Sitting in an airport and on a commercial airliner for much over six or eight hours over extends my patience and personal fortitude to the point of risking arrest--for ripping the arm off some idiot and beating them to death with it.

So I either stay home or plan my trips these days in eight hour increments.

Adequate sleep and attendance at dinner and happy hour far outweigh the need to change geographic locations in my opinion.

So any way, we're looking at only a three and one half hour final leg in our trip tomorrow morning, then I'm supposed to help in the kitchen and possibly man a barbeque grill for a few hours in preparations for the big High School Graduation party.

Here's hoping y'all have a LOVELY Sunday...

No comments: