Friday, May 28, 2010

Turbo Pup Beach Takes Shape

Kicking Sand In My Own Face...


I'm pleased to report that after an uneventful trip we arrived back in Knoxtown late yesterday to the Turbo Pup Compound on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River.

After unloading the car and sorting out most of a week's worth of mail, we then made the obligatory trip to Home Depot followed by dinner.

Then we came home and I collapsed into my own bed before Wheel of Fortune ended on TV.

This morning I find myself contemplating the potential uses of three hundred and fifty pounds (seven bags) of "play sand" and a bunch of PVC pipe which is laying around outside awaiting my efforts to be spent re-installing our little 3 foot deep above ground Puppy pool and cleaning up the associated sandy beach area and boardwalk.

The PVC pipe and fittings will be used in the process of taking two old cheap pool filter casings left over from the past two seasons and mating them with a new 1/2 HP external pump in an effort to produce a new and improved filtration system for about $50 total cost.

In the process I get to use my mechanical engineering skills to design some kind of hybrid "Frankenstein" contraption and try to keep it from burning the house down or hurting someone.

Right now I still have five fingers attached to each hand, I'll let you know if that's still true at the end of the day today...

No comments: