Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Travel & Success Successful Travel

Back Toward The Turbo Pup Compound...


Well, after a good visit with family and a series of profitable & productive business contacts over the past five days, it's time to load the old Chrysler 300 up again and head back east to the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River.

As we did on the trip westward, we're breaking this journey up into two legs which will see us home Thursday afternoon.

Honestly I'm ready to get back home because I have things to do...important things like sleeping in my own bed and on my own sofa.

And the Turbo Pup needs to give the rabbits and squirrels in her yard a good barking, and Pat's got a bunch of work scheduled for Friday so as the month winds down toward Memorial Day weekend we'll be in a good position to hit the grocery store and the liquor store and then go home and hide from the masses celebrating the holiday.

You couldn't PAY ME to go anywhere near the beach this weekend, and local attractions like Cade's Cove and Dollywood and Gatlinburgh are also definitely off my to do list for the next weekend for the next month for the next hundred years pretty much any time.

The older I get, the more I have an growing aversion to any place with crowds of "tourists" and most anything corporately produced to be considered a "tourist attraction."

I guess the crowd phobia also causes many natural attractions like parks and islands and oceans and things to be on my "not-to-do" list except in the "off season."

So any way, thank God for the Interstate highways, allowing us to make what once was a two or three month journey across country in just two days.

Wish us a safe trip, if you will...

and Regards...Y'all...

No comments: