Saturday, February 05, 2011

Headin' South Again

A LITTLE Business and A SUPER Bowl...


I've burned the midnight oil this evening cleaning up a bunch of paper work and other details in the process of getting ready to be out of town for part or possibly most of the next couple of weeks on business.

In anticipation of a Monday morning plant visit in Hotlanta we're heading back south this afternoon to visit some of Pat's family again in the "metro area" and watch Pittsburgh beat Green Bay  in the Super Bowl Sunday night.

You'll be able to identify me because I'll most likely be the only one in the room without Steelers' garb on--everyone else being from the suburban Pittsburgh area.

I have a hard time getting excited about pro sports of any kind these days having spent zillions of dollars and hours watching the old Atlanta Flames Hockey Team and the Atlanta Hawks and Braves and Falcons only to experience heartbreak as the teams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

There is the single World Series victory the Braves eked out in the mid 1990's but other than that I'm just sayin...

Cheering for Georgia Tech sports and enduring the drama of 17-21 year old kids spasmodically under-achieving most seasons is all my heart can bear these days, but I'll humor Pat and her family and act excited because Pittsburgh is in all of their blood.

With my history maybe I should cheer for Green Bay just to not jinx the Steelers.

So any way, once again I'm on the road and although I've got the wireless Internet working well at our host's home I don't promise any critical insights delivered courtesy of this blog over the next three or four days.

Feel free to peruse the Internet and entertain yourselves in my absence.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: