Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Don't Know If It's The Crappy Reading Glasses...

Or The Aging, Dimming Eyeballs That Bother Me The Most?


For the first 45 years of my life I prided myself with having eyesight allowing me to read a newspaper in the dark of night and carrying 20/30 long distance vision in one eye and 20/40 in the other eye.

Then one day I was sitting in my art studio--the living room coffee table--doing some pen and ink drawings of local churches located down on our little island and I realized...HORROR...that I might need reading glasses.

The problem was that since I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body by a spinal cord and vertebrae and various muscles and ligaments, and would lose my shoes if they weren't tied on my feet, I've thus far to date gotten by with an assortment of sets of lenses and frames with a retail cost of somewhere between $7.00 (ACE Hardware on St. Simons) and $35.00 (Walgreen's and Eckards.)

This week alone I've completely lost one old pair...probably out in my yard debris fire efforts, and another pair either went down the toilet else there is some sort of black hole type phenomena in my home which only absorbs cheap pairs of glasses.

Fortunately I have about a dozen pairs scattered around the car and building so I can generally lay my hands on a replacement set of lenses in various stages of decay and scratching.

So any way, I have to go now and try to find a pair better than the ones I'm wearing because befor i ran spelcheck thus blof posting wuz ritten loking sumthin like thus...

No comments: