Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dumbasses and Dumbass Bureaucracies

811 "Call Before You Dig" Service Apparently Feckless...


Later today, if the Airlines ever get me delivered to South Alabama (my earlier flight was "delayed" thus I've had to reschedule everything for mid-morning/afternoon) I'll be digging holes in my Mother's front yard looking for a water pipe.

Of course this task would be much easier if the so-called "utility locator service" AKA "Call before you Dig" could manage to get someone out to the property with a couple of cans of colored spray paint after I called them on Wednesday.

Now it's SATURDAY and their offices are closed and all they can do is play a recording on their answering machine telling me to call the phone number listed in the phone book for each utility, even though I said we had a known water leak and wanted to have the line located and other utilities identified so we didn't do more damage trying to fix the current problem.

I say that the only thing worse than an idiot employee is an idiot government employee, and further...

the only thing worse than a stupid private company is a stupid pseudo-government entity followed by all forms of government monopoly enterprises.

Please pray that I don't explode and kill some innocent bystander in the process of exterminating the next feckless, obtuse, ingrate I encounter in the next 72 hours.

OK, maybe not, but still...


that will be all...for now...Dammit...

No comments: