Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Employment Opportunities In The "Hospitality" Business

Professional Assholes Need Not Apply?


So I was going to be nice and polite and civil this week and avoid bitching about this so-called "Bed and Breakfast" here in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

Then just now, after having to extend my trip yet again for an extra night, I went downstairs...wandered across the courtyard in my flip flops and a tee shirt and a golf cap looking for some juice and a bagel, and I proceeded to run into "HER" working in the dining area.

You know...HER?

The angry, chubby, peroxide blond goddess who took a personal interest in making my last visit here at the B&B a PURE HELL?

A couple of months ago this silly wench apparently got an attitude with me because I was...

1.--Staying in a Bed and Breakfast Inn.

2.--I wanted to actually USE THE ROOM I was renting on a 24 hour basis including nightly and didn't want housekeeping and maintenance people banging on the door and traipsing around accessing electrical panels and mop buckets.

3.--Then, in spite of knowing the "published hours" for the "Breakfast" included in the nightly price, when I didn't want the aforementioned "Breakfast," SHE got all pissed off when I didn't show up and didn't call and say I wasn't showing up.

Well E X C U S E MeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE.

So any way, as I said earlier I was going to shut up about this B&B Inn, but the angry Blond chick just pissed me off again when I went down to their lobby for some juice and a couple of pastries.

This building--whose name begins with the letter "V" and ends with the letters "andiver Inn"--is now officially on my list of squirrely places where the owners' promote spending the night and eating breakfast but don't have a clue how to pull the process off with anything close to grace and professionalism.

Here's the thing with me this morning.

The last time I stayed here they were in the process of renovating the property, and a bunch of unshaven electricians and carpet installers kept trying to catch me out of my room so they could rummage around moving stuff and gluing things down.

Since I had gotten food poisoning at the Baltimore airport I wanted to lay around and sleep and poop for a day and one half and that just didn't fit their schedule.

Needless to say that I was pissed off, but I got over it and decided to give the place a second chance on this visit.

But then GUESS WHAT HAPPENED THIS TIME?

They took my reservation, in a 35 room Inn which was not fully occupied at the time I decided to stay, then they put me in a room with the exit door to the outside opening into a courtyard...AND GET THIS...

after arriving at the Inn at 2:30 PM Sunday, at 2:55 PM when I walked outside to get a bucket of ice there was a Jewish Rabbi and about FIFTY people standing and sitting around my doorstep in the courtyard getting ready for a wedding or something.

I bolted over to the main house and got my ice and asked about the time on the event, and it was...

A WEDDING...

AT THREE PM, EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Holly Crap...

No...

Holly SHIT...

So I literally ran back to my room and bolted through the door as the wedding party and guests looked at me during their final preparations, and when I had locked the door and closed the blinds I wondered to myself...

WHY THE F**K DID THE MORONS AT THE FRONT DESK FILL VIRTUALLY EVERY ROOM IN THESE THREE OLD HOUSES WITH THE "KOSHER JEWISH WEDDING PARTY", and leave my Protestant Methodist Redneck Ass living in a room at GROUND ZERO for the ceremony?

There are Answers which have no Questions out there in the world, but somehow I keep tripping over Questions and Situations which have no Answers.

Is it just me?

No comments: