Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Standing On My Head In My Basement

On A Ladder...Don't Look...It's Dangerous...


My stairwell going between the main level of my house and my basement is currently driving me crazy.

At first I was just going to do a simple paint job and leave the stairs alone, but then one thing led to another and now I'm struggling with the process of putting in new stained stair treads, painted risers, and stumbling around on a cobbled up platform/ladder trying to reach the two levels of ceilings within a space 3'-6" wide holding a paint brush or roller in one hand and my ass in the other.

I'm really not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling from a height of 12 or 15 feet with a little pan of paint in one hand and a painting utensil in the other.

So any way, I've almost got the paint job done on the walls and ceiling, and today I'm cutting the new treads and riser covers which have been pre-painted in a giant 4'x8' sheet, and all the time I'm cursing under my breath because it was ME that came up with this grand IDEA in the FIRST  place.

Time to get back to making Sawdust and Paint spatters...

Regards...Y'all...

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Pictures.