Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steven Jobs...RIP

A Great American...


Let me start out by saying that I didn't agree with Steve Jobs' politics or that of most of those working in his company, but I think that you have to agree with me when I write that the company that he founded in his parent's garage--Apple-- with a guy named Steve Wozniak, has fundamentally revolutionized the world as we know it today.

I'd also like to say that the jury is still out as to whether all or any of the changes will end up being positive as more and more people become Internet addicts wasting time or i-phone addicts walking around like zombies in airports and other public places staring at their touch screen phones, but still...

I have to admit this morning that guys like Steven P. Jobs, Steve Wozniak (and another fellow named Bill Gates) fundamentally changed the way the world does business and communicates with each other.

Although I've never owned an Apple "anything," Steve's influence on the advancement of computer technology in general has allowed me to make a good deal of money and has been instrumental in my overall professional success...

...and for that I am thankful for his brilliance, and grieve his death this morning. Here's his picture as shown on the front page of the Apple Website today.




RIP Mr. Jobs

No comments: