Monday, November 07, 2011

Hanging Out With My "Old Ladies"

I'm Swimming In A Sea Of Estrogen...


OK...now I've REALLY gone and done it out here, Ladies and Gentlemen.

As if it wasn't enough that I live on a daily basis as the single male in my household with a very strong minded woman about a decade my senior and my little miniature female long haired Dachshund--Missy the Turbo Pup--who truth be known really runs things everywhere I am...

Nooooo Sir Eeeeeee....

Before we even loaded the truck in Knoxtown I went out and bought a ticket on an airplane thereby paying to FLY YET ANOTHER EVEN OLDER (YET BEAUTIFUL) WOMAN INTO THE STATE from the Georgia Coast last week to come help Pat unpack and decorate our new house...

and she finally arrived from her Daughter's house in Oklahoma City where she'd been visiting since last Wednesday to our place here in Tulsa yesterday morning.

Since then I've pretty much just been in charge of things like "shucking and jiving" and "toteing and fetching" and handling breaking down boxes and putting giant wads of packing paper and bubble wrap and peanuts into giant black trash bags and hauling them out into the garage.

Right now there is no room for the new Audi Q7 in my garage...A THREE CAR GARAGE for goodness sake!!!

Meanwhile, and continuing thinking and speaking of things not fitting into my garage right now...I have not ONE but TWO GPS systems...one built into the dash of the 2007 Q7 and another Garmon C330 vintage about that same time period and they both refuse to acknowledge that my house and street in my neighborhood exist on the planet.

Can't get there from here...no matter where "here" is on any given journey and where "there" is...AKA HOME.

With that issue at hand, and since the old Chevy Suburban is still sitting in Knoxtown waiting for the auto transport company to come by and pick it up...

I'm afraid after Pat and Ski and Missy the Turbo Pup deliver me back to the real world at work later this morning that there is a good chance that I'll never see any of my girls again because that will be somewhere in Texas or Kansas or Arkansas looking for "Home" because my FREAKING GPS'S CAN'T FIND MY HOUSE.

Then again I could go online and update the portable Garmon unit with a new map by paying for a download...

I guess that you will have to excuse me while I get out my wallet and credit cards and do just that so I can get a ride back home this afternoon.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: