Monday, May 15, 2006

Back In Paradise

We Made It…


I woke up Monday morning with a sense of dread. I just knew that something was going to go wrong, because other than the little tiny detail of forgetting to bring along my razor, the trip had been absolutely perfect.

When I turned on the Weather Channel, I thought that I saw the making of our first real problem. Thunderstorms were lined up covering the entire distance between Savannah and Brunswick.

Not to worry, we just hung around the hotel until about 1:30 PM waiting out the rain to move away as the cold front pushed through.

I’m pleased to report that my theory worked, and by the time we were rolling down the interstate about 2:30 the storms had moved off to the southeast and we were home by a little past 4:00 PM.

All and all it was a great trip. If you've never been to Savannah, Georgia, you really aught to consider it as a short vacation destination.

We'll be back again.

No comments: