Monday, September 11, 2006

An Island In The City

Working For Free Finally Pays Off...


Well folks, I walked out of City Hall about 8:45 AM this morning, almost forgetting the somber national tragedy that was being recognized at that time (9/11.)

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said so many times, in so many places. I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing when I turned on the TV that morning and saw smoke coming out of the south tower.

Taking a big breath...

The good news is that I am virtually assured of having the money for my "K-Street Tree Project," and now the city has signed on board to pursue my "Island In The City" park redevelopment project that I proposed in our meeting.

Here's a crappy black & white scan of a xerox reduction of my original color drawing:

(click on the picture to enlarge...it looks a lot better full size and in color)

We meet again on October 4th to talk about raising another quarter million bucks. I may just be famous in some small way, at least locally, after all.