Friday, November 23, 2007

Burp

Kitchen Clean...Coma Over With


I was awakened this morning from my lethargic daze about eleven by Heather at the Theater calling me on the telephone. It seems that I'm needed on the stage today with power tools in hand, so me and the PVC framework of the Ghost Puppet are heading over for a few hours of sawdust and hammering/nailing.

Actually, there's very little hammering because everything that isn't secured with a portable screw gun is connected with staples or brads using my new Craftsman air compressor and the appropriate pneumatic gun. I love moving my construction efforts from the dark ages into the 21st century in a single 12 month period of time. All it takes is money...

I'm proud to report that my epic cooking saga yielded a Thanksgiving dinner which was deemed a success, and surprisingly the Oysters Rockefeller and Prosciutto wrapped Sea Scallop appetizers were the biggest hit. I couldn't believe that I was able to get a dozen decent oysters at Harris Teeter for $2.99, especially since our local oysters are inedible because of industrial pollution and everything has to be shipped over here from the Florida Gulf coast.

So I'm off to Ace Hardware for a couple of items, then I stumble around and sweat over the final backdrop panel assembly before mounting Mr. Ghost Puppet's framework and fine tuning it's shape a little.

Watch your toes if you are going to the mall.


.

No comments: