Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm Busting My Skull

Designing Theater Set Parts...That Is


As of Monday morning at 10:30 AM I was in full construction mode building this year's rendition of my idea for the Set of Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" opening down at Brunswick's Ritz Theater begining December 4th.

The stage decking is in place and I'm now working on the plywood backdrop panels, along with my first theatrical puppet.

Here's my inspiration for what "The Ghost of Christmas Future's" head is going to look like:




I found it over here at this site.

My version of this skull will be about 18" high, 15" wide, and 16" deep with an articulated jaw and it will sit on top of a 12' high body with a 10' arm span.

The current plan is for it to appear on stage from behind Scrooge's bed, do it's scene with sound effects (including glowing LED eyes) but no spoken lines, then disappear the same way it came in.

Needless to say I'm...

B U S Y ! ! !

.

No comments: