Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Anyone Wanna Try Some Of My Spicy Nuts?


Well, me and Missy the Turbo Pup are sitting around on the sofa at this early morning hour basking in the glow of having pretty well gotten Thanksgiving Dinner under control.

The turkey has finally allowed itself to thaw so I could toss it into a giant pot of water, vinegar, and spices iced down in a big Coleman cooler, and since then I've been jumping around on and off all evening working on the stove top and throwing things into the oven in the preliminary phases of my dinner preparations.

In addition to not one but TWO giant pones of cornbread, I also have home made turkey stock in one big boiler, my Red Cabbage with Apricots and Balsamic Vinegar in another, and a big cookie sheet covered with something called "Spicy Nuts" that I made in a big stainless skillet using canned Planter's Mixed Nuts and seasonings like Cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and brown sugar.

Can you say S P I C Y?

Time for a little nap with the Turbo Pup before cranking up the oven and finishing everything off for my guests.

I hope everyone has a really nice Turkey day.

I think that we all deserve it, even if it is going to rain here on our little island.

No comments: