Monday, December 10, 2007

A Day Off

And A Busy Week


As you may have noticed, I took yesterday off and didn't write anything. Sorry if you missed my ramblings, but if you write as much as I do your realize that sometimes you just have to give your fingers and your synapses a break for a little while.

Instead of ranting, what I did do on Sunday was a bunch of AutoCAD drawings, cleaned out and reorganized my garage again, built two round table tops for night stands from my drawings, hung curtains in the guest bedroom using my laser level, and started cutting parts for a Wooden Manger I've been promising to build for Pat's Nativity Scene figurines for two seasons now.

I basically can't turn around here without knocking over a Poinsettia plant or upsetting a garland or Wreath, and we haven't even purchased our Christmas Tree yet. I tossed up a string of white lights around the front door and a couple of strings into a big Nelly Stevens Holly bush adjacent to the entry, and I guess to balance things out I'll have to run over to Ace Hardware tomorrow and get a couple of extra strings to put on the big shrub on the other side of the doorway.

I've thus far been able to suppress any Turret's like explosions of Bah Humbug's or catatonic shivering fits, but I'm going to have to take Pat's car keys away from her if she keeps dragging more decorations home every time she walks out the door. I was informed that we already need a couple more Rubbermaid storage locker boxes to handle this years new festive "nick-knacks and paddy-whacks"...It's a girl thing...I know...

Later today I'm going over to Brunswick to finish the final concrete form work for the new front slab extension on my renovation project, pre-cutting the interior cinder block seams on the front wall in anticipation of blowing the wall section out, and doing final cutting of the two bathroom doorway openings in order to make them handicapped accessible when the new doors are installed next week.

The new custom windows are arriving on Wednesday, so this week looks to be quite busy as I push toward being ready for the Framing Inspection with the City Inspector shortly. Then it's plumbing, electrical, a new metal roof, and hopefully interior finish and trim in January.

It really is tough being me...

No comments: