Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Calling In Dead Sick Today

Weather Saves Old Body From Breaking Down...


Well, I've been nursing a bit of a head/chest cold this week--trying to beat it with a positive mental attitude and ZiCAM. I'd say right now that we've fought to a solid tie.

I've used up a half box of tissue while basically keeping things moving forward. I just had so much to do and it was really impractical to reschedule the deadlines with trucks and deliveries, but today I'm making an executive decision and staying off the jobsite to let my body rest.

The real final reason for today's absenteeism was the rain front that is blowing in this morning--that and the fact that all of the new wall framing has to be built outside in the front yard.

Since the giant gaping hole I tore in the front wall on Friday is temporarily closed up with OSB panels, I've decided things can wait until tomorrow or Monday to finish up the new framing and sheathing.

All is not lost however, as there's still the obligatory trip to Lowe's to buy some more supplies, then possibly brave a couple of stores looking for a TV card for the new server PC and some other personal stuff.

Y'all have a good weekend...if you will.

No comments: