Thursday, January 31, 2008

Laundry Lint In My Hair

And A Smile On My Face...We're Going Home


Four cities, seven nights, I believe that's enough for now. Plus, I've run out of things to do away from home that are more important than the things I have to do at home and in Brunswick. When we arrive back on our little island tomorrow afternoon our car odometer will read almost 1,100 miles higher than when it started. a week ago.

Downtown Atlanta was as I remembered it to be in January, full of wind and cold and busses and hurrying people, and I really don't miss any of it even after nearly five years of absence (19 years if you count the last time I worked downtown.)

Meanwhile, my realtor's been begging for a key to my new front door so he can show a potential buyer my construction monstrocity, and I have numerous other tasks to get back in the middle of since I can't seem to make them take care of themselves by themselves while I'm away.

This time tomorrow night I'll probably be asleep on my own sofa...

I can hardly wait.

No comments: