Sunday, January 27, 2008

Obama Rama

Daaaaannnnnnnggggggg...


I took a refreshing break from thinking about politics yesterday as we traveled across South Carolina, so I have to admit that I was stunned when we turned on the TV after dinner last night and found out that by turning out and voting at nearly the same rate as Whites, the SC African American population had handed Obama a huge victory over sHrillary and Edwards.

An EMBARRASSINGLY one sided victory.

I half expected FOX News to break in with a story about lighting bolts and laser beams suddenly erupting from every orifice of sHrillary's body.

I don't really give a rat's ass one way or the other, but I will point out that this is a perfect example of how voter indifference can and will effect the outcome of an election. I haven't seen the participation figures for the primary, but I do know that when only 50% of the eligible voters show up in the general election every four years in November that our leadership actually really isn't "Elected"...

...It's DEFAULTED, and that's just WRONG.
'

No comments: