Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thursday/Friday Re-runs

Rework Makes Me Cranky...


I almost stayed home today out of apathy and disgust, but then the 2% of sanity and maturity in my brain took over and forced me out the door a little after noon, resolute to at least START cutting the three new window openings.

When 3:30 came around I had managed to grind and saw my way through the 2x4's and tar paper to produce the desired dimensions--sans the new vapor sealing which will have to wait until Sunday.

The process really wasn't that bad physically, but mentally doing things like this gets to me because I put so much care and pride in building things accurately and square to begin with.

Now from the outside you can't really tell what happened, but until I get the interior wooden finishing and trim work done a month from now I have to look at the scene of the crime evidence of the rework and no matter what...

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

Believe me when I say that it won't happen again in the future, without someone suffering a head injury or potential dislocated arm or leg.

Tomorrow I'll get the openings resealed and set the windows, and Monday morning we'll be back on schedule hardly worse for the wear in the long run. My head has stopped throbbing and my blood pressure is near normal again, so I guess it's time to enjoy the balance of Saturday night and get some reading and writing done.

Until then...have a good one...if you will...

No comments: