Friday, June 06, 2008

Quote O' The Day

Things On My Mind...Eloquently Expressed By Others


In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways.

Edith Wharton, US novelist, (1862 - 1937)


My illness is due to my doctor's insistence that I drink milk, a whitish fluid they force down helpless babies.

W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'

Earl Warren, Chief Justice (1891 - 1974)


Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)


And finally, this wise thought for those overly healthy individuals out there that can do no wrong in the health department and beat you to death verbally with their successes:


I was always taught to respect my elders and I've now reached the age when I don't have anybody to respect.

George Burns (1896 - 1996)


That will be all...for now...

No comments: