Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Someone Call Fox News

I've Got A New Philanthropic Endeavor...


I was flipping around between TV channels tonight in a fit of old aged induced insomnia when a story on Food Network caught my eye. The moment I saw the idea that the people over at the Canstruction organization had I knew that I had to organize a local event here in Knoxville.


At least I'm going to try...


What they do is enlist local Engineering and Architectural Firms, and even schools and churches to solicit donations of canned food, and then they have a competition where the individual teams build intricate models, structures, and artwork using nothing but the cans and a little wire and tape for support.


Then after much fanfare at the local mall or other public venue and judging of the work by a jury of local dignitaries, the structures/artwork are photographed, torn down, and the can goods donated to local food banks and charities.

Stuff like this is possible:







You'll have to excuse me while I go play in the pantry now...

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

DUDE--That is AWESOME!!
Once you get it going, be sure to post the details of where the displays will be, so I can drag myself over the mountain and come see them!