Monday, September 29, 2008

Busy Blogging Month

A New Personal Record...


As I've said and written here many times before, I don't write too much toward my audience's views.

Rather, I write what I think and let my audience come to me--with the singular exception of toning down the profanity and limiting my subject matter to that semi-acceptable to polite middle of the road christian political culture.

At the same time, I do manage to fairly frequently stumble into some taboo areas of our society and touch on concepts which "make people feel uncomfortable" and "hurt people's sensitive feelings."

Let's face it...I STOMP on toes when TOES are offered to be stomped on--things like the cultural failings of the black negro African American society as a whole (read that total irresponsibility of the so-called men that exist therein) and the 70 plus percent out of wedlock birth rate they're experiencing today.

Likewise, I frequently lament things like the 60% drop out rate in many state's public government schools and worry about the "victim mentality" which has developed over the past forty or fifty years here in the United By-God States of 'Merica, with over half of the people out there believing now that it's the government's job, not theirs, to insure their safety and health and welfare in retirement--while at the same time expecting ME and my college educated hard working good decision making peers to pay for their largess.

Do any of these musings and writings make me a successful writer and Internet Blogger?

That would be a resounding YES if you consider averaging somewhere between 40 and 50 hits a day to be victory. But many of my blogger friends and peers get hundreds of hits a day--some averaging in the thousands.

The funny thing I've realized while writing here on this blog is this:

GOOGLE likes to use words in headlines when it comes to ranking their searches.

Further, write about the death of a celebrity or use the correct words describing a hot political news subject and your reader traffic will jump right through the roof over night.

Take a look at this months statistics from my Sitemeter Page:




See that set of bar graphs bouncing around down between 40 and 50 hits per day, then jumping up to over 200 last Sunday and over EIGHT HUNDRED on Monday, all because I wrote a fifty word posting mentioning that Senator and Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden's health was being examined and there was a rumor bouncing around the Internet for some time that sHrillary was coming in for his replacement in October.

I followed up with a detailed posting on Biden's health history on Monday and the hits kept coming, and here I set this morning on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River having just finished my first week three "hits" shy of THREE THOUSAND READERS in my blogging career.

(The thing I have to keep in perspective is that even with THREE THOUSAND READERS in a single seven day period, my total for the 29 days thus far elapsed in September is just 53 hits over FOUR THOUSAND...)

Now that things have settled down a little I guess it time to pick up the trash and empty drink cups, gather my little group of regular readers back around me, and get back to working on some steel design and writing about the details of the recently minted 700 billion welfare package for Wall Street and the "community Redevelopment Act" beneficiaries and administrators over at ACORN.

Y'all have a good week...if you will...

No comments: