Friday, November 21, 2008

Concrete, Steel, and Buna-N?

Sorry...But I'm Multi-Tasking...


As is now and has been typical for me when I'm working instead of sitting around on some island, beach, or boat, it seems that while everyone else is thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and eating Turkey and waiting on Santa Clause...somehow I end up getting deluged with requests for my time and everything has to be done at the same time.

You know...before the aforementioned "everyone else" takes off for the aforementioned "holidays."

Thus my lack of words this morning.

I have a couple hundred thousand pounds of concrete waiting on the details about how a couple hundred thousand pounds of steel is going to act under seismic and wind loadings in northern California.

Then there's the research into the high temperature behavior and melting point of a rubber compound called Buna-N used in the seal of a suspect valve in one of my forensic injuneering projects.

I hope you'll understand if I have to stop writing and go play rocket scientist now...

No comments: