Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Pirate Looks At Fifty

I Guess Jimmy Buffet Would Be Proud...


I'm too lazy to Google it to give you the link this morning, but earlier I watched some sniveling European peacenick commenting on the current escalation of the ongoing rash of "Piracy" going on out on the African high seas.

The idiot actually said that there was nothing much which could be done militarily to prevent the ransoming of ships and crews due to concerns about "international law."

SAY WHAT?

I guess what he's saying is that just like the people walking the streets of Washington DC and NY City and San Francisco, the law abiding crew members of these ships are at the whim of savages bearing GUNS because the rules and laws prevent them from having guns of their own.

I call bullshit on that estimation.

If I were on one of these boats I'd want to make sure the equipment list included a couple of 50cal machine guns and a shoulder mounted RPG or two and we would dispatch the wannabe "Pirate" idiots on on to Heaven or Hell or Mecca or where ever to meet their makers before they even thought of climbing a ladder to make their demands.

UPDATE 7:23 AM: here's the link to the video if you're interested...

No comments: