Saturday, March 07, 2009

People's Choice--Second Place

We Did It...


OK...I know that you've been wondering what I've been talking about for the past year.

Here's a look at the unofficial official "Cajun Chili Shack":



Here's what about thirteen gallons of Chili looks like:



And here's what it looks like three hours later:

Here's the other members of my team:


Here's my buddy Kimbo (the lead guitar player third from the right) and his band "The StringRays":


Here's my team again after they've righted themselves:


Here's some of the crowd. (we served over 1400 tasting "cups" of Chili between 11:15 and 2:00 PM)


Here's some of our funny looking NASCAR neighbors:


Here's our team photo accepting the prize for "Second Place-People's Choice":

Here' s a look at another group of our worthy competitors that won the" judges" prize for "best chili":

These guys beat us out for "Best Booth": (dang it)



And now it's time to go to sleep after three loooong days of hard work.
See y'all later...

2 comments:

Ed Drew said...

Congrats,, I'm looking forward to getting your recipe.

and if it's any consolation, I don't see how that booth won over yours.

Cousin Pat said...

Dang, I miss the Chili cookoff. That was always one of the most fun days of the Island City winter. Though I guess they've moved it out of Redfern...shame.