Sunday, March 01, 2009

Three Days Off--Spent Thinking About Thinking

I Still Say That It's Gonna Be OK


I can't quite explain it, but things are pretty upbeat here at the Turbo Pup Compound on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River these days.

Maybe I'm just stupid or ignorant or something...I don't know...but in spite of the "housing bubble" and the ongoing "stock market crash" (I'm buying stock as we speak) I just can't get real excited with the idea that the country is going to hell in a hand basket...IF

...we can keep the liberals and the Government from guaranteeing disaster by fooling around with fundamental things that have to happen in order for things to get balanced back out and moving forward again.

What about the giant American auto companies?

I say that they probably should be relegated to history if they can't get things together on their own with a little government money which has already been handed out to them.

And the Airlines and Banks and the Insurance companies shouldn't be that far behind them going down the toilet if their management can't get their houses in order.

Just like Chrysler almost bought the farm back in the 1980's before Lee Iaccoca got the Federal Government to guarantee a bunch of money from the private sector, I just don't see what the problem is with continuing to buy a Honda or Toyota instead of a Ford or Chevy if the companies, their employees, and most importantly their management can't get things together.

The most amazing thing to me is how the government and the liberals can scream bloody murder about things like green energy, then Obama comes out with a budget last week which stabs the American Gas drilling and production business in the heart by ending tax breaks and actually increasing taxes on the natural gas industry in general.

The sniveling, tree hugging, booger eating liberals are either ignorant or just plain stupid because when we can't build nuclear plants (because we can't dispose of the spent Nuclear fuel), and we can't burn coal (because of CO/NOx/SO2/coal ash), what else is left but natural gas (because wind turbines kill birds and solar farms cast shadows on Prairie Dog holes.)

But Virgil, what about "Bio-diesel"?

I've got news for you "lay people" out there, "bio-diesel" and "bio-whatever" isn't cheep.

"Bio-diesel" and "Bio-whatever" is is going to cost your earth friendly butt and wallet about $4 or $5 a gallon including TWO OR THREE DOLLARS of government taxes, and when you burn it it still makes CO, CO2, NOx, and S02/SO3...just at lower levels that the less expensive stuff we drill out of the ground.

And what about the Chinese and the Koreans and the Indians from India?

These bastards have been and will be exempt from the "Kyoto Protocol" and the UN and Al Gore are gonna continue to give them a break in the next round of "International Climate Change" treaties while at the same time attempting to impose debilitating restrictions on Western Europe and North America.

Meanwhile, what else is worth mentioning...

I see that the northwest is suffering from yet another bout of Global Warming induced snowfall which is expected to leave a foot or more of the white wet stuff on the ground in places like Philadelphia and NYC.

I say they should strip Al Gore naked and chain him standing by a tree in Central Park for 48 hours during the storm, and then let former President Clinton stop by with a pitcher of luke warm water a couple of times a day to pour on him to defrost his testicles (he'll have wet hair they'll have risen so far).

I hope you understand if I just shrug my shoulders and keep staring at my computer screen doing work I've gone out and found on my own...without government intervention.

I'm also busy packing our bags and loading up Missy the Turbo Pup's lockers and sea chests in anticipation of a Wednesday departure on a visit back to our Little Island.

I can already smell the salt air, and my soul can sure use the balming effect returing to the shore of the ocean has on my spirits.

Meet me at East Beach at sunset Wednesday...I'll bring the cocktails.

No comments: