Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blogging From The Bottom Of The Mighty Tennessee River

My Mature Judgment Saved My Computer...


I swear if I were twenty years younger (including my propensity those days to throw mis-behaving electronics items like remote controls and phones) and still had a boat I'd have taken this computer out to the river and used it for a boat anchor or created a new artificial reef.

It just crashed a few minutes ago for the second time since midnight and about the fifth or sixth time in the past TWO days.

What really freaks me out is that I thought things with the pitiful useless Vista operating system had self medicated themselves over the past couple of weeks because I was sometimes getting through three days in a row and entire weekends without a crash.

Needless to say I've become the most diligent person in Eastern Tennessee at hitting the save button before I walk away from the beast and I save often in longer sessions where I'm writing.

When I find a web page I like or need for future reference I either bookmark it or copy the URL to an e-mail and send it to myself with a descriptive subject line. The e-mail method keeps from cluttering my favorites listing which probably has two or three hundred entries in sub-folders.

So any way...closing detail progress continues on the deck, fence, and the new Turbo Pup Exit door with the second coat of paint going on the wall trim and some other detailing being finished around the freshly cut opening in the brickwork on the outside.

I pace myself (in other words I'm distracted and lazy) to only three or four hours a day due to the heat so a project which could have been done professionally in three days has now extended itself to nearly a month.

Quality over quantity is my motto, and having a good time in the process is job #1 at all times.

Time to go smear paint on wood and myself...regards y'all...

No comments: