Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Inside The New Door

Trim Complete...Paint Pane Pain In The Gl ass


I know some of you have been dying to catch a glimpse of my latest carpentry masterpiece...so here's a shot of the as yet unpainted door with the walls finished and the surrounding stuff hung back up:



And here's a closer look at my creative solution to covering the 2-1/2" gap between the top of the door frame and the sheetrock (I would have otherwise just used a piece of 2-1/8" jamb trim and been done with it all):



I'm also proud of that double light switch which controls a new outside light and a new double flood illuminating the deck and extending the hours we can use the back yard this summer. While I was at it I installed a new weather proof receptacle out there also to power crap like radios and charcoal grill lighters and such.

We like that "colonial" crown trim detail so much I'm going to tear out the head of the six foot wide cased opening between the living room and dining room and do the same thing. And the front door casing is also an candidate for similar renovation...

...once I finish the deck and the fence and the outside of this door frame.

When will my insanity and self abuse ever end???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks really good. please post a photo of the deck and door from the outside! Ginny